This article contains (Amazon) affiliate links, see my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Nipple shields for breastfeeding can be a great help for any woman and her baby. Lifesavers really when dealing with breastfeeding issues. 5 Nipple shields
Finever Nipple Shield for Breastfeeding with Latch Difficulties or Flat or Inverted Nipples Non-Toxic – See Amazon
When to use nipple shields?
Many women are of have been dealing with breastfeeding issues. Nipple shields can be a great help for any woman and her baby to overcome difficulties when breastfeeding.
The little silicone nipple shields can be a lifesaver for cracked or sore nipples. And it can help your baby overcome latch-on difficulties.
How does your bra feel?
Use my bra calculator to check your size.
At the HerRoom, you’ll find the
Bra Fit Video Vault & Bra Fit Quiz.
See HerRoom Plus Size Lingerie
A nipple shield has a few little holes from where your baby can drink the milk.
There’s also an opening at the part that lies on the areola. It’s meant for the baby’s nose, so it will smell and feel the mother. You lay the shield over your nipple and areola during feeding.
Nipple shields can be used for:
- short term latch-on difficulties
- premature babies may have problems with latching in the first couple of weeks
- a nipple shield may help to transition to breastfeeding
- flat or inverted nipples
- tongue tie, lip tie, or overactive let-down
- protect your blistered, cracked, bleeding nipples during feeding
What size nipple shields do I need?
Take your time to measure your nipple if you’re not sure about sizing. Every woman is unique, and so is the size of her nipple.
It is very sad to hear women have had a bad experience with nipple shields only because they’ve had the wrong size shield. As for choosing a nipple shield, it is not one size fits all.
What size nipple shield should I get?
There are 3 sizes of nipple shields you can choose from. Sizes are S/16 mm, M/20 mm or L/24 mm. Although some brands have 2 sizes and there are one-size-fits-all on the market.
5 Nipple Shields Seen on Amazon
1. SANFE ELEPHANT Nipple Shields for Nursing Newborn
SANFE ELEPHANT Nipple Shields for Nursing Newborn | See Amazon.com
- 100% clear, food-grade soft silicone
- BPA-free and non-toxic to humans.
- Split design
- Removable built-in valve
2. Philips AVENT Nipple Shields with Storage Case, Medium
Philips AVENT Nipple Shields with Storage Case, 2 Pack, Medium | See Amazon.com
ThirdLove 60 bra sizes, including ½ cups
Bands 30 - 48 | cups AA - I
See Collection ThirdLove
- 100% Silicone
- Protects sore or cracked nipples and minimizes pain during breastfeeding
- Shape allows for baby’s nose and chin to touch for maximum skin contact
- Can be sterilized by boiling or steaming
- Includes: 2 medium size nipple shields and a storage case
3. Pea Baby Double Silicone Nipple Shield 20mm
Pea Baby Double Silicone Nipple Shield 20mm | See Amazon.com
- Double silicone layer nippleshield and Cross shaped Nipple
- 20MM Internal Nipple Shield Diameter Airless and Let Baby Suck Milk faster
- The internal nipple shield diameter is 20mm, if breast nipple is over 20mm that is not suitable.
4. Nipple Shields for Nursing Soft Set of 3, 16-24mm
Nipple Shields for Nursing – Soft Set of 3, 24mm / 20mm / 18mm / 16mm, with Free Case | See Amazon.com
- Three covers in a set.
- Two sizes: Our nipple shields have 20mm (0.78in) and 24mm (0.94in) in diameter.
- Guaranteed Non-toxic, BPA Free, BPS Free, latex-free, phthalate-free, lead-free, and worry-free.
- Also, come with a complimentary cotton bag.
5. Medela Contact Nipple Shield, 16mm Extra Small
Medela Contact Nipple Shield, 16mm Extra Small, Nippleshield for Breastfeeding | See Amazon.com
Other articles you might like
14 bra styles – a guide for plus size ladies
D plus nursing bras for moms
Pure silver nipple shields for sore nipples
Breast shells for breastfeeding
Why is my bra hurting?
How often should I measure my bra size?
10 Lace bralettes for plus size
Wireless D+ bras with good support