As an Amazon Associate and publisher for several lingerie companies, I earn from qualifying purchases. The commission is paid by the retailers, at no cost to you.
Silver has an anti-bacterial and healing effect on our skin. That’s why silver nipple shields can do wonders for nursing women with sore or cracked nipples.
- How do silver cups work for sore nipples?
- How to use silver healing cups?
- Amorini brand | Silver Nipple Soothers
- Silverette brand | Silver Nursing Cups
More topics for expecting and new moms? See our guide on plus size nursing bras & lingerie »
Do silver cups work for sore nipples?
Traditional silver is a natural element of nature. It has anti-bacterial and antiviral power.
The use of silver for humans to fight diseases and wound care has a long history of more than 2,000 years. Iconic silver still is a key ingredient in modern wound dressing.
Ancient people took silver to boost their immune function. Or kept fluids in silver bottles to keep it at its best.
And did you know that babies in the Middle Ages were given silver spoons? Not meant as a fancy gift, but to be used and let the baby benefit from the silver’s purifying and antibiotic powers.
What are silver nipple shields?
- silver nipple shields are made of the purest silver that can maintain a specific shape
- silver cups are nickel free
- used by mothers in between breastfeeding sessions
- prevent nipples from cracking
- promote healing for cracked nipples
- protect already tender nipples from chaffing on garments
Another way to protect your sore nipples is to use a silicone breast shell. Read more about breast shells with a milk catcher »
How to use silver healing cups?
- drop a little breast milk in de shields before applying to prevent or ease sore nipples
- place the silver nipple shields underneath your bra directly on the nipple
- can be worn with nursing pads in between
- keep the shields on as much as possible between breastfeeding sessions
- do not use any cream or other nipple treatments when using the silver shields
- wash the silver cups daily with warm water
- use some water and baking soda to keep them shiny
I wish I knew about these little lifesavers when I was nursing my son. Women from all around and friends of mine tell me it saved them from having to quit nursing.
Women experience in just hours an amazing relief of their painful nipples and see their damaged skin start to recover.
Latch-on difficulties, flat or inverted nipples, and sore nipples in general, may benefit very well from the use of nipple shields. How the use of nipple shields can overcome difficulties when breastfeeding »
Amorini Silver Nipple Soothers
Amorini Silver Nipple Soothers | See details at Amazon.com
The Amorini Silver Nipple Soothers are 100% handmade in Italy. They provide instant relief for sore, cracked, and bleeding nipples. Amorini is made of the purest Silver that can be molded into shape.
A proven solution for women dealing with nipple pain for different reasons.
Silverette Nursing Cups
Silverette Nursing Cups | See details at Amazon.com
The Silverette patented anatomical shape has been tested to fit any size nipple without compressing it. The rounded apex and shape let air circulate, and the edges are refolded by hand to avoid any pain.
Like the Amorini shields, the Silverettes’s are also crafted out of pure 925 silver.
What is the difference between Amorini and Silverette?
Amorini is a company based in the USA and the product is hand made in Italy. SilveretteUSA is a distributor of the Italian brand Silverette. Amorini shields are only slightly cheaper. But only slightly.
Check out Herroom Video Vault for some great tutorials on: